When SWARM started as a Mobile Agency it was always our goal to sit at the forefront of emerging technologies, the majority of our team owns some form of smart watch or at least a wearable, we enjoy experimenting with new gadgets, IoT (Internet of Things) interface design, beacons, and really anything new and interesting that we can get our hands on. That’s why we’re introducing NYC’s first Emerging Tech Meetup
A part of this experimentation is simply because we like to try new things, but the bigger part is that we like to deconstruct these technologies in order to understand their wider business implications.
- What is the value of an Apple Watch, and what about it can be made better?
- When if ever will Google announce Wear for iOS? And what does that mean for the Apple Watch? Would Apple allow this?
- What are the technical challenges that we will face with the new wave of augmented reality applications, from the MSFT Holo Lens the Sony AR glasses?
- At what point will the IoT reach saturation? Who are the emerging players in the market and what type of a market-split dynamic, if any, will we see in this industry?
- What are some of the forthcoming implications of quantum computing, and how will they affect the consumer space?
These are some of the questions that we ask ourselves; these are things we do internal show and tells on; yet we know we can’t be the only ones in NYC who want to know more. Which is why we’re starting NYC’s Emerging Technology Meetup this July 14th at our offices which we share with Quotidian Ventures. The topic will be Beyond the Oculus: Virtual Reality / Augmented Reality Applications and we would love to see you there.
To RSVP for our upcoming talks please join the meetup, and for those of you who can’t make it or live outside of NYC, we’ll be recording these sessions moving forward and posting them to our brand new YouTube channel SWARMcast.tv.